- 1984Danilo, together with his wife Angela, Nada for her friends, plants 33 olive trees of different cultivars on a small piece of ground.
- 1985After having been marine mechanic, Danilo, together with his wife, turns back to the family tradition of farming that had been carried on by his grandfather Josef, with the typical devotion of those who work with passion.
The family decides to plant a new olive grove on a surface of 25.000 m².
- 1986The 1985 freezing winter almost kills all the enthusiasm, halving the 33 olive trees that had been planted two years before.
The trees are replaced and 900 new ones are planted, selected among 35 different cultivars of the Mediterranean basin.
- 1987Another freezing winter threatens all the work done – only a few olive trees are lost thanks to the small protection nets placed on the trees before the winter.
- 1988This year sees the beginning of the cooperation with the Institute for the Protection of trees and the Faculty of Nutrition Science of the University of Udine. The team works on a 3 year- research concerning the ripening of cultivars.
Contacts are kept with the University of Perugia, at the forefront in studies and research on olive oil.
- 1989The results of the afore mentioned research appear on the international magazine OLIVAE.
- 1991The first bottles of Starec extra virgin olive oil are put on the market.
- 1993The Starec oil is tested and analysed by the Institute for olive oil production of Pescara and the International Oil Council of Madrid.
The results are most encouraging and underline that the method followed is the right one.
- 1995The extra virgin Starec wins first place at the Slovene extra virgin olive oils exhibition.
- 1996The extra virgin Starec wins first place again at the Slovene extra virgin olive oils exhibition.
Its organoleptic features render it the benchmark for typical local products.
This year sees the beginning of the close cooperation with the D.O.S.I. (Association of olive growers of Slovene Istria) Association, situated in Koper-Slovenia.
- 1998After the course for tasters followed at the University of Udine, Danilo becomes the first official taster of the Trieste district.
- 2000Registation to the Regional Section of the National List of virgin and extra virgin olive oil Technicians and Experts, with number 20.
- 2003The “new” Starec Company is founded.
he new company headquarters are built after the acquisition of a small oil mill, which gives new lustre to the product.
The company produces the first stoneless oil of the Triest district, gained from the Belica local cultivar.
- 2004Acquisition of more terrain for new plants.
The company produces the first olive trees from its own seedbeds.
- 2005The first experimental intensive plant of the Triest district is being created, density of trees:2.50x1.25 on 4.000 m².